UCR School of Medicine Compliance
UCR SOM Compliance: Learning to Make the Right Choices
The UCR School of Medicine’s Compliance Advisory Services Department is resource for faculty, staff, students, and patients alike. The team works to navigate the institution through an array of constantly changing laws and regulations, with an emphasis on helping people make the right choices and demonstrate to both internal and external stakeholders the organization's continued commitment to making proper and ethical decisions.
What is the Purpose of the Compliance Program?
The compliance program has been developed in the context of our core teaching, research, patient care, and public service missions. The specific purposes of the program are to:
- Maintain and enhance quality of care
- Demonstrate sincere, ongoing efforts to comply with all applicable laws
- Revise and clarify current policies and procedures in order to enhance compliance
- Enhance communications with governmental entities with respect to compliance activities
- Empower all responsible parties to prevent, detect, and resolve conduct that does not conform with applicable laws, regulations and the program; and
- Establish mechanisms for employees to raise concerns about compliance issues and ensure that those concerns are appropriately addressed.